Friday, September 16, 2011

Day 4

So I have good news and bad news!

The Good: I have kept up with my entire work out routine all week! (Woohoo) And I can finally have a break. I will not lie, it is very very very difficult jogging a mile and then doing the 30DS in the same day. I can most certainly feel a difference on Wedns (the day I didn't do both). BUT if it is any constellation the 30DS is getting easier and easier and I don't have to take more than two 5 second breaks.

The 30DS is an amazing video, Jillian really impresses me. She is so motivating and I swear I feel the burn throughout the whole thing. I can already feel muscles in my thighs, tummy, and arms. It is nice because I already jiggle LESS. (Yes, you see results THAT fast!) Of course, I do not "cheat" during her work outs. I push through it no matter what and make sure that I never take breaks (except two 5 second ones) and I make sure I am doing the work out 100% correct. There is no reason to work out if you aren't going to give it your all. My favorite thing she says is:

"When you start to get uncomfortable that is what you have to make the most of since that is when changes are going to happen. (Your body is adapting)"

I guess it was pointless to put quotation marks around that since she didn't say it EXACTLY that way but she used all those words. And it is SO true!

So I can definitely see a different in my endurance as well from day one. I can also see a difference when I am jogging. Now, please realize I live in the foot hills of Colorado so I have quite the terrain I am running on, (excuses excuses! but seriously, I have to run up a mountain during the first half of my jog). BUT I am able to run a little over a mile outdoors all terrain in 20 minutes WITHOUT stopping! Today was the first day I was able to run completely without stopping and it feels great.



So I guess I should share the bad :(
Well, I have NOT been keeping up with my calorie intake like I should. In fact, I was a little greedy (since I ran a mile, did the 30DS, and walked 2 miles) so I decided I deserved eating about 3500 calories yesterday. Ugh, how can I ever forgive myself?
From now on I am going to be extra extra careful! There is no way I can do all this working out just to eat the amount of calories that I am burning and see no weight loss.

No comments:

Post a Comment